Clinical Nurse II - Children's Health Center - Nephrology Triage
Duke University Health System
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Clinical Nurse II– Duke University Hospital – Day Shift
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Children’s Health Center at Duke University Hospital is comprised of pediatric outpatient clinics. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
This position will provide triage support for a dynamic pediatric nephrology team. We are looking for someone with the ability to establish a strong rapport with patients and families by phone and provide education and support for patients and families in the clinic setting.
In addition to possessing a warm and welcoming demeanor, the right candidate for this position will:
- Possess proficient typing and software navigation abilities
- Have flexibility about working with both families and other care team members (e.g. providers, mid-levels, insurance companies and internal administrative support staff)
- Strong written communication skills
- Working background in pediatrics preferred
This position will also require some indirect patient support tasks, such as completing clinical paperwork and managing prescription requests. Candidates with a background in telephone triage or managed care preferred.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Hours may very, but will typically fall within a standard Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Be the first to see new jobs near Durham, NC!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks